Saturday 10 July 2021

10/07/21 Cycle 15, dragonflies, breakfast

Consolidation cycle 15 begins, back on the Lenalidomide for the next three weeks. Yet again I've failed to notice any difference between the three weeks on and the one week off. I seem to be remarkably free of side-effects in general, apart perhaps from the constipation and the fatigue. And the jawbone, the finger splits... But none of them serious enough to justify changing the first-choice treatment, which is a better position than many people are in.

There's been a (very polite) discussion among the Myeloma UK Support (facebook)  admins over whether we should admit people outside the UK who of course are dealing with different medical systems and often very different approaches to the treatment of myeloma. I took a "no change" position,and that side seems to have come out on top. I also have some more documents to review and revise from one of the Myeloma UK panels I'm on. Must do that over the weekend.

A friendly couple of games of boules yesterday morning with the Rodings University of the Third Age group. My side won both games, and I'm starting to wonder whether it might be tactful to play an intentionally bad ball now and again...

After that I mowed the back grass and a bit of the side, as well as dragging some more weed out of the pond. Gratifying to see lots of dragonflies around there, some of them ovipositing. Was rewarded by a vicious pain in my right foot  - not sure what I did but it must have been connected. Have applied a generous treatment of Deep Heat and hope it will have gone away by the time I get up.

Planning on going out for breakfast in the morning, and nothing else much for the rest of the day apart from watching tennis. I've already done the weekend Paying Of The Bills and have cleaning the cat drinking fountain and some butter-making to do. No Boules on Sunday morning because we are expecting a visit from friends either on their way to a wedding or possibly on their way back from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...