Thursday 22 July 2021

22/07/21 Furosemide failure, Advocacy zoom meeting

Had an early breakfast because of the 10:00 start to the zoom meeting, and took a 40mg Furosemide (diuretic) as soon as I got downstairs. The meeting was quite a productive one, but the Furosemide had very slight impact on my urination - and I  went to Ongar for a little Wednesday practice early afternoon with no problems. Also played a singles with one of the strongest players in the club and held him to 11-13, which is pretty good. He said "You played some clever boules there." Everybody seems to agree that I've improved a lot since I started there.

Post-shower oedema report is "no change" - or if anything a little worse. I don't plan on being out of the house later today until Thorley boules in the evening, so I'll take another Furosemide with the breakfast pills.  The swelling is not yet at the stage where I have real trouble getting shoes on, but not that far away from it either.

More developments in the cleaner question. She 'phoned to say she's giving it up, mainly because of family reasons but the COVID thing can't have helped. Sue found a list of possible cleaners from some time ago, 'phoned the first name on the list, and got success first time. A couple of new ones will start week after next, and at the same good price we paid before. Very unusual to get a positive result from the first call when something like this happens. It's not myeloma, but neither of us feel up to doing the whole routine ourselves any more.

According to my ring I had only a little over two hours sleep last (dex) night but of course now (00:35) I feel more wide awake than I have all day. No point in going for an early night, I know I won't sleep for a couple of hours yet. Sometimes being a natural-born night owl is a curse I'd like to be rid of...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...