Thursday 15 July 2021

15/07/21 Days out

Day before yesterday we went back to the Braintree & Bocking Public Gardens for a walk and a light lunch. Unfortunately they close early and were out of toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches so we had to settle for a couple of rather dry cheese scones instead. Here's the lily pond - should be spectacular in a few weeks time:










Yesterday we went to the Museum of Power just outside Maldon - a place that has been on the list for years and can finally tick off.Lots of wonderful Victorian engineering there:

























We intended a simple light lunch in the cafe but the menu was more extensive than we expected and I had a rather good Eggs Benedict which came served with finely sliced lettuce. Unusual, but it actually worked rather well. Whether that was good for the diet is another matter - I put it down to the "Dex munchies".

Later today, if the weather is good enough, we plan on going to Southend. No doubt that will involve fish & chips on the front... And in the evening I should be playing boules on the sand piste at Birchanger.

I read many many posts on (Facebook) Myeloma UK Support about side-effects of treatment, even at first line. And all I can do is say "Didn't happen to me, we're all different..." On the whole, I think I've been extraordinarily lucky so far. Long may it last! But I suppose that one day I'll have to pay that luck back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...