Friday 16 July 2021

16/07/21 (2) Glycosylated Haemoglobin

Another good set of observations this morning - blood pressure 107/70 (ideal) 45 minutes after getting up, pulse 64, oxygen  96%, temperature 36.7

Last time I tried the blood glucose monitor a day or two ago it claimed  dead batteries so I revived it with two new CR2032s (bulk order from Amazon, so revived the bathroom scales as well). It gave me a score of 5.4, which I'm perfectly happy about. I have no reason to suppose that I'm diabetic or even mildly pre-diabetic but I like to do the occasional spot-check just to be confident that nothing unacceptable is going on - and especially so these days because steroids can raise blood glucose. It's been suggested that these spot-checks are pretty much pointless and that I should encourage either my GP or my haematologist to request six-monthly Glycosylated Haemoglobin tests which give a more meaningful result over three months than you can get from spot checks. I'll try, but I have a feeling both will say "OK, but no need until we have reason to suspect an issue here..."

We'll see. Otherwise, got up at 06:30 to a bright sunny morning - sufficiently so that I had to close half of the curtains across my studywindow because of glare on the monitor. Otherwise the day is likely to include a trip to the GP surgery to collect prescriptions for me and for Sue, a Tesco delivery, possibly an attempted repair of Walter Walker, and maybe some boules practice at Ongar in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...