Monday 12 July 2021

12/07/21 Probably not PN

All went well in the end yesterday, with the exception of my right foot. It was really bad early morning - could barely walk at all even with a stick, and couldn't get out of a chair (or off the loo) without one. Even then it wasn't easy.

Dr.Ch emailed back saying it didn't sound like PN (OK, it's not the classic presentation but I've learned that like all things myelomatous PN can be very personal and can present in many different ways) and advising anti-inflammatories and contacting 111 or GP Monday morning. He also suggested the  possibility of gout but I don't think so...

I "borrowed" a couple of Cuprofen (high strength 400mg ibuprofen) from Sue and it did get gradually better from mid-morning onwards reaching 80 or 90% of normal by 17:00. I don't know whether that was the Cuprofen or whether it would have happened anyway. I now wait to see if the same pattern will repeat later this morning. I won't bother the doc if it doesn't.

Will go to bed with a stick later. Just in case.

Sue and I both did Government COVID lateral flow tests first thing - both negative - as did our visitors. We had an enjoyable lunch and catch-up chat outside, and the two 9-year-olds - both impeccably well-behaved - were fascinated by the ponds and the cats. Or by Belle at least, because Blue had inevitably made herself scarce with strangers around..



No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...