Saturday 3 July 2021

03/07/21 Consultation 05/07/21

Nothing much new today (again). Weather was better than expected so I went to Ongar for an hour's boules practice and inevitably got drawn into a game. My side won. I'm having trouble with my high lobs at the moment, they just won't come out of the hand right. That was what I was trying to work on, along with my shooting. As usual, rubbish at first but much better after half an hour or so. No more boules now until Sunday morning when Brian and I have a doubles match scheduled. If the weather allows...

I had an email from Dr.Ch asking whether I still wanted our consultation on Monday 5th to be in person rather than by 'phone. I replied:

"Hello Vijoy.

I should prefer face to face if OK with you. No very specific reason but its been well over a year and sometimes things happen in person that don't happen over the phone, and I think we should give them the chance. I was going to email you in advance anyway about the fatigue, which is definitely getting worse, and me falling asleep all the time really (and understandably) annoys Sue... Reduce the Len dose further or would that be too much of a risk? Any other approaches to dealing with it?"

He replied:

"That's absolutely fine Ian
Look forward to seeing you Monday"

If nothing else I should get value for AXA Health's money - one or two of the 'phone consultations have been very short!

Before that on Monday I have a dentist appointment for my 8-weekly bisphosphonate check, just in case going back on Zometa is having unwelcome jaw effects.

Started the Week 4 off Lenalidomide stage of the current cycle last night.If, as I suspect, Len is the main cause of the fatigue, it should be better this week. I've never yet noticed much difference between weeks 1 -3 and week 4, but I've never really looked for it either. I must get Sue to keep an eye on me and see if she thinks things are any better this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...