Wednesday 7 July 2021

07/07/21 Furosemide and boules in the night

Not a bad dex might last night - woke up and got up about an hour early, but that's all. I took  a Furosemide yesterday morning because there was enough swelling in my fingers to make taking my Oura Ring off to charge it was difficult and the post-shower ankle swelling looked quite bad. For once it didn't seem to have much effect on either urine volume or frequency, but the ring was easier to get off just now although  the post-shower ankle swelling looks much the same. May be able to take another later this morning, depending on how the plans for the day look at breakfast.

Boules at Tower was good, I got second place in the throw-off (everybody throws one boule at the jack on the count of three, and that determines the teams. I was with three of the better players in the club. My pair played two matches and we lost both, but narrowly. Quite happy with my contribution. And we didn't get a drop of rain although it was coming down heavily as I left home and the forecast was bad.

Boules in the night:










My partner Dean has just delivered a boule. On the left, opponent Mark is keeping a careful eye on the score. Another match in the background. We only had two because many of the members were watching some football game instead. The floodlights are wonderful. I'm trying to get the bar staff to order some zero-alcohol beers in, but until them I'm stuck with Tango as the closest available thing to orange juice...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...