Wednesday 21 July 2021

21/07/21 Change of plan

Things didn't go entirely according to plan as our cleaner 'phoned to say she'd been pinged by Test'n'Trace and was self-isolating - not replacement available at such short notice. So we're doing it ourselves (or a rather reduced version) over two days. We went out for the "short walk" to the Central Park cafe for lunch,and that of course meant no diuretic yesterday. The post-shower oedema is quite marked and tomorrow all I have is a MyelomaUK Panel Zoom meeting (two and a half hours of it, at least), and optional Boules at Ongar in the afternoon. If I take a Furosemide first thing, I might just get away with it.

Played at Tower (Brentwood) last night - two doubles games - lost one 11-13 and the other rather worse. As usual,I was a mix of brilliant  and rubbish, and the rubbish gradually took over. Really bad misreading of a piste I thought I was getting to know quite well sent far too many throws way off target. Oh well, next week is... another week. Also tried to get some video of sparks coming off boules landing in the dark, but the rain started to come down. I'll get that sooner or later. Bought a TP branded shirt and jacket to go with my Ongar ones. There may be more coming from Epping, but I don't think Thorley bother with that kind of thing. At least, I've seen no evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

25/03/24 Back to Boules

First session of 2024 yesterday as the temperature was not too bad yesterday morning and for once it wasn't raining. Played two doubles ...